lördag 22 november 2008

First snow..

Yesterday the first trembling snowflakes graced us with their beauty. And even though this usually means a whole lot of chaos (our city is NEVER prepared for snow even though it happens every year) and a whole lot of slush -it still puts a smile on my face.

Living on the southern tip of Sweden we do get the longest hours of sunlight per day (compared to the northern parts), the downfall of living in the south is that it's usually too warm and it melts too fast. So basically our winters are just grayness layered with the occasional sunny day. Snow brightens up everything and makes the darkness of winter so much easier to handle.

The view from my balcony.
Naturally the rest of the evening was spent listening to cheezy christmas music while putting up the christmas decorations.



I'm crossing my fingers this winter.. let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

1 kommentar:

corine sa...

I can see this will be a beautiful blog.